Latest Posts
Loading...

Info Post
The chaos defies description. All of a sudden in the bright afternoon, the whole land was gradually being enclosed with a very thick darkness Far more than I’ve ever seen in my life. Everyone running and shouting in total perplexity and using anything available as the source of light – cars left their headlamps on, some using their phones etc. Can you envision a very dark world with electricity supply down? 

Everyone was running not knowing where they were running to. Human mind can indeed fail them sometime. Running while the darkness was gradually covering is understandable, but now that the whole town is covered with total darkness, why still running? How long can his strength hold him? Little did they know that this will last for days.

In the chaos, I saw prominent members of the church also running and calling out for their loved ones. I tried stopping Deacon Mark but he looked at me strangely and continues running. It was Pastor Ben who gave me little attention when I told him that he should try to gather Christians to pray for change and thus the end of the chaos. He acknowledge the fact that I was right, then said “in this kind of situation nobody will listen to you and If you don’t mind, I need I go now and get my family.”

Though I was a little bit bemused as at what to do, I just had this strong urge inside me that things can still change. I ponder on what could be done as I walked slowly in the direction where everyone was running from. Before long, it amazed me to see about fifteen people standing still, comported and at peace looking up to the heaven. “I will look up to hills, where cometh my help. My help comes from the lord. The maker of heaven and the earth” was the verse that flashed through my mind when I saw this people. I later got to know that they’ve been there since the first day of the darkness praying.

We all opened our oral cavity and prayed in one accord. In less than five minutes into the prayer, I saw a man in a white robe. It’s like he has been there all along waiting for me to look in his direction. As I looked in his direction, he pointed his finger and behold as my eyes followed the pointed finger to a very long distance ahead, my heart lifts for joy unspeakable as I saw a very small spark of light. I shouted, “can you see that light from heaven!” some of them thought I was mad as I pointed in the direction of the spark of light. After few seconds, more and more people started seeing the light as it glows brighter and brighter and as it reveals the mast about ten kilometers from us.

The same way the Darkness gradually overshadowed the town, the Light also spread, even faster. And the chaos was over.

You don’t have to be told again that the whole world is in chaos now, and will still experience more according to prophesy of our Lord Jesus Christ. Then the end will come.
The bible succinctly put it that entering the fire or being under the fierce arm of the storm is not an option. It will come to us as Christians. One thing that is certain is His presence with us. He will never leave nor forsake us. 

We read and hear this on a daily basis from the pulpit, but I wonder how we are quick to forget all these promises under anxiety (the test of our faith).
What is faith without work? Christian faith is not in words alone, but most importantly in the act. The test of a good car is on the road, not in the garage. You said you have faith; show it in the time of adversity. If you fall/fail in the time of adversity, then your (professed) faith is small.

From the story above, we couldn’t distinguish most Christians from unbelievers. They both respond to life situations the same way. What a shame. Know ye not that you are the light of the world? When the world is in chaos, our strength should be found in our stillness as a result of our confidence in Who we serve. It is this calmness that will draw people the Solution of life issues – Jesus Christ.
God's response to our prayer is not by many or few. It's all about a heartfelt prayer rendered in unity.

Thou shall not call difficult what this people call difficult and not be afraid of their fears. If you run around (being tossed around by every wind), then you belittle the power that is able to save you and is at work in you. 

We all need to go back to God. What is missing in the world is Him. He is always with us. Just waiting for us to ‘look in His direction’ to show us things to come. For His plan for us are not of evil, but to give us an expected end. This can ONLY come if we His people can humble ourselves and pray in one unity. The only thing we’ll experience and see is the healing of our land.

It is high time we stopped living our lives as if we don’t believe in the God we profess we know. Remember, what qualifies one as a fool is to only say in his heart there’s no God.
Let’s not live like a fool disparaging the mind of Christ in us.

CF.

Follow me on Facebook for more updates.
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment